At the end of every year I start manically looking back to see how my little blog has done and what I want to achieve over the next year. I’ve just had a quick peep at the most popular blog posts on What’s Hot in 2017 and was surprised to find that some of these blog posts weren’t even written in 2017. I find this surprising because, in general, my newer posts tend to perform better because a) they’re of a higher quality b) they are promoted more frequently and c) they just tend to be more relevant. What’s also slightly surprising is one of my top 5 posts was published just two weeks ago! Confusing indeed… So without further ado, here are the 17 most popular blog posts on What’s Hot in 2017.
- 8 Do’s and Don’ts When Choosing an Oxford College
- How Many Books Did I Read for my French Degree at Oxford University?
- 10 Things to Know About Visiting the Sky Garden in London
- Why the Prisoner of Azkaban is the Best in the Harry Potter Series
- Book Review: The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
- Inside 8 of Oxford University’s Most Beautiful Libraries
- 10 Reasons to Apply to Christ Church, Oxford University
- 3 TV Shows to Prepare You For Life at Oxford University
- Daniel Wellington Watch Review: Ladies Classic Sheffield Watch
- What is it Like to Study French at Oxford University?
- The Harry Potter Tour of Oxford University
- Read More Diversely: Travelling Bookworms Reading Challenge
- Girl Behind the Blog: 22 Things About Me
- Christmas Gifts for Her: Fashion, Beauty, Kitchen and Home
- 10 More Beautiful Instagram Accounts for Book Lovers
- Week One of Work Experience at Penguin Random House
- Why the Book is Always Better than the Film
Do you spot any favourites from that list? I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised that 7 out of 17 of these posts are about my time at Oxford University. I get asked my time at university quite a lot via my blog email and on social media so I’m happy the response to these posts has been good! I really hope that they’ve given people thinking of applying an insight into what life at Oxford might be like and whether it’s the right university for them. I’ve got a few more Oxford/university related posts planned for 2018 so keep your eyes peeled for those if you’ve liked what you’ve seen so far!
The post that I’m really surprised to see on this list is my book review for The Importance of Being Earnest. In all honesty, I do not think this is a good book review. This post was written in 2014. I am constantly baffled by this post’s popularity but I’m also pretty sure that 95% of the people coming to this post are English literature students looking for Oscar Wilde essay help! I’m not sure there’s anything worth stealing from this post but I also find it hilarious to think that kids all over the country might be copying and pasting bits from my mediocre review into their English homework!!!
Another post that was written in 2014 is my work diary from my time at Penguin Random House. I did a two-week work experience placement with Penguin in September 2014 and I really wish I’d written something more substantial/useful about my time there. Instead you’ll find an account of my first week there which basically sums up how much I love packing books into envelopes.
One that didn’t make it to my list of top posts that I think should’ve done is my post on 10 Museums to Visit in Paris that Aren’t the Louvre. There are some real gems in there that lots of people don’t know about!
Which of these posts did you enjoy? What would like to see more of in 2018? Let me know in the comments below or drop me an email – feedback is always greatly appreciated!